Nick's Christmas Eve Birthday

Poor Nick.
He was born on Christmas Eve.
He has one of the worst birthdays ever...unless you're Jewish, I guess!

Delia always has a Pancake Breakfast for Nick and starts cooking at 7:30 in the morning. Mimosas are flowing and it's a great way to kick off a birthday...and the holiday weekend.

When we first arrived, this is what Lucy said to me:
"Cira, let me clear this spot...and I'm going to sit here...and Brixton will sit there...and you go get your camera!"

So I got these pictures at her request:



I turned around after taking the picture of Brixton in the swing and Mom was holding a bearded dragon.
I mean, who brings reptiles to a birthday party???
And who would've thought that Mom would be the only person to hold it???

Not so shabby for thirty-five, eh?
Yes, that is a fire roaring on the television - and don't underestimate the power of visual imagery. It sure does make the house feel warm!

Becky & Brixton

Lucy wearing my sunglasses.


Rudy, Kristen & Brixton



Here's Brixton trying to eat Delia's face...I don't think she minds!


And here is Delia giving Brixton a piece of apple...


...which he promptly puts in his mouth and bites in half.
She must've forgotten that he has little teeth!




We headed over to Mom's house afterwards to exchange gifts with Fisher and Kaiya since they wouldn't be stopping by on Christmas.



This was Brixton's first present that he unwrapped and he was very interested in the wrapping paper. The wonderful Mom that I am decided to let him eat the wrapping paper.
What could possibly go wrong?

Why is it that I am posing for a picture while Brixton gags on a piece of paper?
Good thing that I wasn't the only Mom around...Misty saw that he was choking and all three of us (Tzaddi included) tried to stick our fingers down his throat to grab the piece of paper out.
I counted 8 more gray hairs for that episode.
Just another reason why I should be nominated for Mom of the Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy Turns Three!

Saturday Morning Sweetness

It's Been Three Years