It's Been Three Years

It's been exactly three years since Rowan passed away.
It feels like yesterday.
In just a bit over a month from now, Rowan will have been gone longer than he was here.
We still miss him more than words can say.

He taught us so much:
How to love
How to be loved
Compassion
Empathy
Hope
Gratitude

Rowan will always be our first child.
Rowan will always be Brixton's big brother.

I can tell you exactly how we spent every hour on this same day three years ago.
I can tell you how the final roller coaster started four days ago...three years ago.

I remember making the call to my family; telling them to come right away.
I remember listening to Tzaddi as he told his family to get on the next plane.

Here's a glimpse into our lives three years ago...and perhaps a glimpse into yours.

Nikki (Rowan's daily nurse)


Kate (Rowan's therapist)

Cousin Quinn


Aunt Carleen




Auntie Delia (with Lucy in tummy)



Nana Noni


Jill


Kristy




Uncle Nate


Poppy Tops






Auntie Delia & Uncle Nick


The Fat



Nana


Rowan getting baptized.




Michelle


Tim & Elissa


Oma and Uncle Ilja


Uncle Ilja


Oma

This chapter ended in our life three years ago.
We open the book again each time we think about adding to our family.
Luckily for us, the chapter doesn't end here.
There are wonderful doctors and researchers who (in spite of the rarity of Rowan's disease) continue to work on finding a cure. And in November of 2009, the doctors reached their goal:
Of course we were devastated to know that the cure came 2 years and 10 months too late for Rowan.
But we were so thankful that Rowan's life contributed to saving at least one child...and hopefully many more in the future.



We Love You, Beez!

Comments

  1. First I gotta say I LOVED the hoilday card... I miss yall.. Second, are you trying to make me cry.. I have a big lump in my throat after reading that... Your family is trully BLESSED... Love Yall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy Turns Three!

Saturday Morning Sweetness

Happy Birthday, Tzaddi!