Slumber Party!

Guest Blogger - Auntie D
I asked Delia to post the blog this week since she babysat Brixton - enjoy!

So Brixton had his first ever slumber party!
Cira and Tzaddi went to a concert, and had their first night away from him, much to MY joy!
...and, of course, Lucy and Nick were thrilled as well!
I didn't get pictures of everything,
mostly because I was chasing around TWO kids all day!

LUNCHTIME!

Yummy apple filled whole wheat quesadillas!

As you can see, Lucy thought it would be best that SHE sat in the highchair...

We went to a baby shower, and this is the only proof of my outing with the two, even though Brixton is kind of hidden.
Hey, cut me some slack, I don't think in "blog picture" terms.

When we got home, Lucy and I thought it would be a great idea to teach Brixton how to safely jump and walk on the couch.

No, he is not trying to get off, he is trying to get back up.

After dinner and no nappage from either child, I gave them both a shower and then it was time to brush their teeth and get off to bed.

Thanks to neither one having a nap, it was a success.
I followed Cira's advice of the blanket and the singing, and wha-lah, they were both asleep!

Here is where I would have put a picture of Brixton standing up in his playard so excited for the next day and to wake up in the same room as Lucy, but again, I didn't think to grab my camera.

Of course, he woke up way earlier than Lucy ever does, so we attempted to bring them both back into bed to get a little more rest...

...and that's when the wrestling started...

...and the sitting on each other...

...and the hair pulling...

No such luck, time to get out of bed.

PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST?

Yes, Brixton, that's how we roll.

They say early morning sun is the worst for UV rays.
This was after TWO applications of SPF 100 sunscreen, and we were only outside for about 20 minutes.
Look at his sunburnt cheeks!

I promise for the next sleepover we have, I will take more pictures!

Meanwhile...
Tzaddi and I were having a great time at Rock the Bells...in spite of the 105 degree weather. It was an all day concert and we spent the majority of the time standing in a puddle of sweat. We realized about halfway through the day that we are way too old for all-day concerts.
But we still had a blast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy Turns Three!

Saturday Morning Sweetness

It's Been Three Years