Chemo Plan

 I had an appointment with my Oncologist (he is the most awesome doctor ever) and we had a great visit!  He said I'm healing well and ready to start chemo next Thursday, December 12th.  I still don't have the results from the Oncotype test, but assuming I rate in the Medium category (score of 18-30) then I will be getting 4 treatments 3 weeks apart of Taxotere and Cytoxan.  It's a pretty standard treatment, and more of the details (including side effects) can be found by clicking here.
If I come back with a High risk (score 31-100) then we will revisit the plan.  He will probably add in Adriamycin and the treatment duration/dosage will change (although it's standard with this drug combo).


Want to hear some great news?
NO RADIATION!
Woot Woot!

I am super ready to get this show on the road and can't wait to start.  Next week is already looking pretty busy: I have a Chemo Education class on Tuesday and get my Port inserted on Wednesday.  Thursday is Chemo and Friday is my Neulasta shot.  Then I go back to work on the 17th - whew!

Although I don't have any new pix to share, I'll post one of my favorite pictures of the past.  We're having the funeral for my Naña tomorrow; here's the last picture I have with her, Rowan and Fatty - the Best Cat Ever.  I miss all of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy Turns Three!

Saturday Morning Sweetness

It's Been Three Years