Almost there...

So, a few things have happened since I posted last week.  
I got a call from my oncologist to discuss my pathology in a bit more detail.  He's concerned about the new DCIS cancer they found, as well as the lymphatic-vascular invasion.  To be on the safe side, he ordered an Oncotype Dx test which will determine the risk of distant breast cancer recurrence.  I will definitely need chemotherapy, but the test results will determine how aggressive the chemo treatment plan will be.  
Those results will come back within two weeks, so I will visit my oncologist on Dec 3rd for results and to map out the chemo plan.  I'm guessing that we would be starting chemo the following week, which is cutting it a bit close to my scheduled back-to-work date...but from what I read it seems like the first chemo treatment is relatively easy and it gets progressively more difficult.  

I also had a visit with my plastic surgeon yesterday - hooray!  Unfortunately there aren't any pre-appointment pictures to show you, but I was still rocking the drain apron!  He removed four of the drains (OUCH) and hopefully the final two will be removed on Thursday.  

I kept the boys in the morning so Mom could take care of some business.  In order to keep them away from the television, I took them in the front to shoot their guns across the street.  I think they had a good time :)




In non-breast cancer news, my Ñaña passed away last week.  She had a stroke last September and we haven't heard her yell at us or spank any of the kids in over a year.  She was a cantankerous old woman who took pride in being cranky and mean.  She took care of us when we were sick from school and we begged every weekend to spend the night at her house when we were little.  

My Ñaña:
Cruz Carolina Fierro
May 3, 1930 - November 13, 2013
Ñaña, we love you and miss you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy Turns Three!

Saturday Morning Sweetness

Happy Birthday, Tzaddi!